Wednesday, October 24, 2012

GT Seminar 1: 20% Project

   For my first 20% project of the year, my plan is to analyze the history of softball, the famous players, and the physics of the game. When analyzing the history, I want to learn about how it started, how it became popular, when it became popular, and what were the original rules like. Then, when I take a look at the famous player of the game, I want to learn their stats, their life before and after softball careers, and even how they were discovered. Finally, when I look at the pyshics, I'm going to carefully analyze the top pitcher on our team. I want to calculate the velocity and measurements of every movement, and how it impacts every pitch. Then, I will also take a look at our power hitter and analyze the angle of her bat at every movement and how that impacts her force from the bat to the ball. During this project, I will be able to consult Jennie Finch, Natasha Watley, Crystal Bustos, two different batting coaches, and a pitching coach who will help me with calculations of the movements.

   I chose to do my 20% project on softball, because softball is pretty much my life. From dawn to dusk I'm on that diamond, and there is nowhere else I would rather be. Being in the dugout, it's like a home for me. So, I figured it would make the most sense or me to research and dedicate my time for a sport that is not only my passion, but my entire life. I have calculated in the past that I play softball for about 30 hours a week, and honestly, I wish I could play more. I'm very excited to learn more about this passion of mine.

Here is my 20% Project Pitch video from Animodo.

No comments:

Post a Comment